Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Preface Becomes A Post

I was going to start my next post with a qualification, confident as I am in my own beliefs. But I've decided it warrants becoming a post in its own right.

Many of you will know most or all of what I'll be posting about writing screenplays over the coming weeks, months, years, who knows? I don't consider myself an expert. If I was, I'd be writing this from my jazuzzi in the Hollywood Hills. But I do have alot to say about the topic. Maybe some of it will help someone else on a similar path, maybe the things I do right, the mistakes I make, the things I've learned will be of some use. And maybe with enough time and with me successfully staving off my innate urge to procrastinate, there'll be some measure of progress to follow. Or maybe it'll all be the most foul smelling variety of horseshit.

It's just there's alot of people who claim to be experts on a variety of topics. Pretension abounds. And all I want to do is make a record of something. Expertly of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home